So your big day or event is coming up and you are not happy with how your skin is looking.
Here are a few tips on what you can do to help clear and get your skin looking the best it can for your big day.
I think a lot of people go out of their way purchasing all the latest lotions and potions to try and make their skin look better but in fact, little do they realise it is more important to think about what they are eating and drinking first!
1. My number one all time tip is to drink water with a squeeze of lemon every morning -
Lemon is a natural anti-oxidant and can help cleanse and clean the body.
2. I was recommended by a friend to start putting fresh coconut in my diet about a year ago, so I started using it on my muesli every morning. I also applied it to my hair and skin once a week after exfoliating to give my skin a good conditioning treatment. The benefits have been incredible not only for my skin but my hair and nails too, they now grow so well, feel much stronger and are definitely looking more healthy.
3. Try to avoid too much caffeine in your diet, too much caffeine can cause dark circles and breakouts. It is also very dehydrating for your body.
4. If you have some open cuts or sores on your face from breakouts. I would recommend using honey as a face mask. Honey has natural anti-bacterial properties and will help clear up any blemishes.
5. Treat your self to a steam bath.
While your pan of water is boiling, add a few herbs to the pan. Rosemary, mint, ginger & lemon are my favourite ingredients to use.
Once the water comes to boil, take it off the heat and keep it hot with a lid on. Grab your self a towel and a nice place to sit where you can lean over the bowl with the towel over your head. I normally steam for about 5-10 minutes. This will clean out all your pores and help wash off any dead skin sitting on the top layer of your skin.
6. Green tea is a fantastic anti-oxidant, I find drinking it with a squeeze of lemon is really refreshing.
If you don´t like the bitterness of green tea I recommend adding a splash of honey to sweeten it up.
For your day to day skin care routine, I suggest keeping it really simple using these 3 stages:
* Micellar water to cleanse and tone your skin (Choose one that is suitable for your skin type)
*Exfoliate with dr organics olive oil face scrub once a week
*Moisturise with Embroylisse moisturiser, use the light version if you have quite oily skin.
I think our skin is actually more affected by what we are putting in our bodies rather than what we put on it.
So just remember to keep really hydrated, drink lots of water, avoid too much caffeine and do not overload our skin with products.
Hope this has helped, feel free to share any of your skin care loves in the comment box.
Thanks for reading.
Laura - Peach & Blush x